Double Door’s Best of 2013: Shows, Bands and Moments.
What a year we’ve had! Here are our favorite bands, shows and moments of 2013, and a preview of some exciting stuff we have ready to go in 2014, which also happens to be our 20th anniversary! Yeah us! And yeah you, for coming out to our little music venue and making this year a truly special one in Double Door’s history. Happy New Year to you!
1. The Melvins, July 22
2. Rocket From The Crypt, September 14
3. Method Man, January 25
4. Turbonegro, May 18
5. Kate Nash, August 1
6. The Bronx, June 6
7. Ruby Velle and The Soulphonics, April 26
8. Any Kind / Cross Record, July 27
9. The Wild Feathers, November 21
10. The Sleepers, The Regrets, Radkey, Romantic Rebel, January 18
1. Andrew WK
2. Daniel and The Lion
3. The Sounds
4. The Steepwater Band
6. We Are Hex
7. Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts
8. The Pedaljets
9. AM Taxi as The Cars
10. Big Paraid
11. J. Roddy Walston and The Business
12. The Gold Web
13. The Dyes
14. Girl In A Coma
15. Ghastly Menace
16. Ghost BC
17. Rah Rah
18. Melt Banana
19. Sidewalk Chalk
20. Har Mar Superstar
BEST MOMENTS OF 2013:
1. Country legend Wanda Jackson walking in on DJ Dave Mata smoking weed in the green room on NYE 2013. Yikes!
2. Method Man crowd-walking, all the way from the stage to the front lighting truss. Dude was like Jesus.
3. Interns consistently winning the lampshade award for drunkenness at shows. I guess that’s what happens when we pay them in free drinks.
4. Andrew WK performing here twice within a month’s time, with two different bands - his own band and Marky Ramone’s Blitzkrieg.
5. Upgrading our slushie machine in coat check. Infinite flavor possibilities!
6. Eating Red Bull-flavored Glazed and Infused doughnuts at Do312’s annivesary party. And then eating more.
7. Drag Queens raking their fake fingernails across a freshly painted Door No. 3 ceiling during Fabitat. About as outrageous as it sounds.
8. Half Acre and Three Floyds’ amazing tap takeover. What we remember, anyway.
9. Jennifer Hudson showing up for Raheem DeVaughn’s set. Always an honor to host a celebrity!
10. One of our security guards, Andrew Giese, aka Darren, bringing joy to our lives with his amazing dance moves and great vibes, and reminding us all that working at a music venue can be and should be fun.